Hey friend! Thanks for watching our video.
In this short video, I’m going to show you how to view messages you’ve received from your contacts.
I will also show you how to reply back to those messages.
Keeping in touch and engaged with your clients is probably one of the greatest benefits of using text messages for customer retention and marketing.
In iTextMyClients, we provide you with a simple Message manager to view your message and reply back in a “chat-like” style.
Ok, let me show you how it works.
- Navigate to http://itextmyclients.com , then click on Login link from the top right corner.
- Enter your email and password, then hit Login to access your account.
- From the left menu, click on “Messages”.
- Messages is where you will find all the messages that you’ve received from your contacts. You can see their name, message date/time, and the option to reply.
- To reply to a message, click on “Reply”. Clicking on this link will allow you to reply to the selected message.
- This will open the “Text Message Chat” window in the lower right corner.
- If you’ve contacted that contact before, you will see all messages within this window.
- From the chat window, enter your message, then click on “Send Message” button.
- This will send a text message to your contact.
You can also send a text message to your client from the “Contact Details” page.
- From the “Messages” list, click on a client’s name to view details.
- From “Contact Details” page, click on “Send Text” button.
- This will open the “Send Text Message to Contact” popup.
- You will see the client’s mobile number and a textbox to enter your message
- Enter your message. Optionally, you can also attach an image from your File Library.
- To attach an image, click on “Attach an Image” button to select image from your computer.
- Click on “Send Message” to send text message to this contact.
See how simple it is? There you have have two ways to engage with your clients and provide that personal touch most of them like and enjoy.
Thanks for watching and stay tuned for more video training!
Bye for now!