In this short video, I’m going to show you why it’s very important to create contact groups in your iTextMyClients and how easy it is to create one.
In iTextMyClients, you have the option to send a blast text message campaign to all your contacts (your entire database) or you can send the campaign to a specific group of contacts.
Blast text message are very effective when you want to send a somewhat generic message to all your contacts. For example, it’s ok to send a “Merry Christmas” text message campaign to all your contacts.
Now, to be more effective and to get higher engagement, we highly recommend you create contact groups.
Contact groups allows you to segment (or split) your list into groups that match a certain criteria.
For example, if you own a Tax Preparation practice, during tax season you may want to send a “Thank You for Filing Your Taxes with Us” text campaign.
This campaign will need be sent to only contacts who have filed their taxes. This is a very effective campaign, which your contacts will appreciate.
In iTextMyClients, it’s really easy to accomplish this.
In order to send this type of campaign, the first step is to create a “Contact Group” and assign contacts to this group.
Here’s how to do it in a few simple steps:
- First, navigate to http://itextmyclients.com and click on Login link from the top menu.
- In the login page, enter your Email and Password. Then click Login to access your account.
- Next, from the left menu, click on “My Contacts” link, then “Contact Groups”
- From the “Contact Groups” manager, you will see the list of all your contact groups. You can search group by name and/or status.
- Click on “Add Contact Group” button from the top right corner.
- In the “New Contact Group” screen, enter a “Group Name”
- Tip: enter a name that best describe your contact list. For example: “Thank you contacts - 4/5/2017”. Further expanding our Tax Preparation practice, this will be contact who have filed their taxes up to April 5, 2017.
- This will help you determine your contact group for next thank you campaign.
- Next enter a “Short Description”, this is an optional field, but highly recommended.
- Click on “Save Changes” button to add the group.
- After adding group, you will be automatically taken to “Assign Contacts to This Group” page. Here you can select the contacts that you would like to include in this group.
- Select contacts and then click on “Assign to Group” button.
Well, there you have it.
That’s how you can create groups of contacts and make your text message campaigns more effective.
They will be more personalized and specific to a certain group of contact.
As always, you have any questions or comments, send us an email to email@example.com or give us a call. We’re more than happy to assist you.
Until next time!