In this short video, I’m going to show you how to send a text message campaign using iTextMyClients Campaign Manager.
First, let briefly describe what a campaign is. A text message campaign is a series of one or more text message that you can schedule and send to your customers.
For example, if you’re in the tax preparation industry, you can create a Pre Tax Season campaign.
This campaign goal can be to keep in touch with your clients and prepare them for tax season.
This campaign can be a series of tax tips along with special discounts.
This is just one example, you can be creative and create a text message campaign to accomplish other goals.
Now that you know what a text message campaign is, let’s dive in and create a campaign.
First step is to login to your account by going to http://itextmyclients.com and clicking on Login from the top right menu.
- Once you’re logged in, click on “Campaigns” from the left menu, then click on “New Campaign”
- From the new campaign screen, you can enter the details for your campaign.
- Enter your “Campaign Title”, this can be anything you’d like. Your customer won’t see this. Example: Pre Tax Season Campaign.
- Select the “Send From Number” from the dropdown list. If you’re sending your campaign to a large number of customers, we recommend you select the Shortcode instead of your local number. This will ensure your customers receive your text message
- Then select “Campaign Template”, you can select “General”.
- Finally, “Send to”, if you’re sending this campaign to a group you’ve previously created, you can select it. Otherwise, select “All” to send your campaign to all your customers.
- After you’ve enter the campaign details, you can now work on your text messages for this campaign. Like I mentioned before, in a campaign, you can have 1 or more text messages.
- By default, we’ve created the first message. Go ahead and click on “Edit” to modify this message.
- From the “Edit Campaign Message” popup, you can enter the following details for your text message:
- Message Title -- this is an internal title for you to identify the message. Your customer won’t see this
- Send On a Later Date (checkbox) - here you can schedule your campaign to be sent out in a specific date and time. If uncheck, your campaign will be sent out right away.
- Personalize Your Message - here you can find specialized placeholders that will be replaced when your message is sent. For example, you can use the “First Name” placeholder if you’d like to include your customer first name in the message. This is a great way to personalize your message and have more engagement with your customer. Your customer will have the sense that your message is specifically for them.
- Your Message - this is the actual text message that your customer will see. Here you can enter a message with no more than 160 characters. So, make sure your message is right to the point.
- Add Default Opt Out Message - it’s always a good practice to check this box. This will insert the “Reply STOP to opt out” message. This will let your customer know how they can unsubscribe from your list in case they don’t to receive additional text messages from you.
- Select Image - allows you to select an image from your file library. You can upload as many images as needed to your account.
- Action buttons:
- Save & Schedule - this will save your campaign text message change and schedule the campaign to be sent out.
- Save - this will save your changes.
- Send Me a Test - this will send you a test text message, so you have an idea on how your message will look.
- Close - close the “Edit Campaign Message” popup without saving any changes.
- Let’s go ahead and complete this message and schedule it.
- If you scheduled your message, your campaign will be added to a queue and will be sent out based on your schedule date and time.
- After your campaign is sent, you can go back to “Campaigns” and see the status of your campaign.
Alright, hope you’re still with me! That sounded like a lot of steps, however once you create one or 2 campaigns, you’ll realize how simple it is.
In this video, i showed you how to create your first iTextMyClients text message campaign. I showed you how to edit a text message and what’s required to send your campaign.
Hope you found this video useful. In the next videos, we’ll show how to create contact groups, how to upload pictures to your file library and more.
Thanks for watching !